----------------------------------- ojisplayin 21.05.2011, 17:24 Skills For Poker & Life 8/12 Topic: Getting Even No,No's ----------------------------------- Tip 8/12 So Stay Tuned......... 8. Don't even the score. In life you don't need to get even with the person who did you wrong. Similarly, you don't need to get even with the person who bluffed you in poker. You shouldn't care where your next opportunity to gain comes from. YOU DON'T HAVE TO GET EVEN OR BREAK EVEN WITH ANYONE! Play the opportunities as they arise. Success stacks up the same, no matter where it comes from. Some people are so busy getting even, they never have time to get ahead. In gambling and in life, people are occasionally going to get the better of you. So what? If you won a bet on a basketball game, would you be upset that the other team's center scored more points than your team's center? Of course not! You won the bet, so what do you care? Same in life. If you win overall, don't fret over a few lost skirmishes, and never waste energy trying to get even with those who beat you. ----------------------------------- broxi 21.05.2011, 18:36 ----------------------------------- so true what you said patti but you got to admit if you finally beat someone thats beat you a few times in poker and cost you then its great satisfaction, as for in real life your ways probably best but if someone wrongs me bad then got to admit revenge would be on my mind till i got them back, guess im probably bitter and all that but payback would make you feel good ----------------------------------- ojisplayin 22.05.2011, 08:35 ----------------------------------- I agree with you Broxi- 100%!!! :D I am just passing the words along from someone "Successful" ( Player from way back, and writer Mike Caro) to anyone wondering HOW to be MORE successful at Poker/Life.. Not that I do any of these things, but I'd sure like to for the most part. :wink: ----------------------------------- broxi 22.05.2011, 09:56 ----------------------------------- lol someone actually agrees with me, i had read all your poker tips over last few days but decided id reply to some of them as after all your work putting them in felt it was only right someone actually acknowledged the fact they had read them ----------------------------------- ojisplayin 22.05.2011, 18:19 ----------------------------------- You are the bomb ((((babes))))) :up: Very big time :thx: thanks!! Was feeling pretty lonely inside these 12 Tips postings.... :coolp: