Poker Crush Forums

Banter and Bitchin' - General Chat + Questions and Answers - PRAYERS PLEASE, FOR MAMAW618

crzynana2001 - 13.06.2009, 21:30
Post subject: PRAYERS PLEASE, FOR MAMAW618
MARLENE IS IN ICU IN CRITICAL CONDITION WITH PNEUMONIA IN 90% OF ONE LUNG AND THE OTHER IS FILLING TOO. SHE IS CURRENTLY ON HEAVY ANTIBIOTICS BY I.V. BUT THE DOCTORS SAY IF SHE IS PUT ON LIFE SUPPORT, THAT SHE WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO BE TAKEN OFF AGAIN. PLEASE PRAY FOR A MIRACLE. HER FAMILY AND I THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS.
char1984 - 13.06.2009, 22:38
Post subject:
My prayers are with her and thank you for letting us know.
crzynana2001 - 13.06.2009, 23:24
Post subject:
THANK YOU CHAR, I WILL UPDATE WHEN I HEAR MORE NEWS...... SHE IS AN HOUR AWAY FROM ME AND I HAVE NO TRANSPORTATION GET THERE, SO I AM RELYING ON NEWS BY PHONE.
afulk8 - 14.06.2009, 03:41
Post subject:
I'm sorry Donna, I will think of her & pray for her. Keep us posted!
PokerGuru - 14.06.2009, 06:06
Post subject:
Nana, you are a blessing to Mamaw. Let's hope all our prayers are a blessing to her, as well.

I am praying for her many times each day and night -- and have activated several others to do likewise.

Bless her kind heart, Life has sure not been kind to her lately.

Praying for another one of the miracles that happen every day!

Guru

crzynana2001 - 14.06.2009, 10:41
Post subject:
Thank you all for the prayers........ as of 6:30 A.M. est today, marlene was off the breathing tube, conscious and alert and asking for popscicles. They gave her the popscicle and she kept down every bite. Her blood pressure is at 90 and climbing, (a good thing) and it is beginning to look as if we are going ot get the miracle we have been praying for.

Now, I am praying that she does not have a relapse. She still has pneumonia in her lungs, but it looks as if the antibiotics are beginning to do their job. The need for prayers still continues...............

I will be back with more as soon as I learn something else.

THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Image Image
valeria - 14.06.2009, 17:29
Post subject:
I am soooo glad to hear that nana!! Pnuemonia is very dangerous at her age (well at any age) and I am so happy to hear she is responding to the antibiotics!!! That is fabulous news!! I let out a loud YES!! when I read your post! Smile

Continued prayers and continued improvement!! All good news!
crzynana2001 - 14.06.2009, 20:12
Post subject:
MARLENE IS COMING OUT OF ICU AND BEING TRANSFERRED TO A HOSPITAL CLOSER TO HOME FOR ROUTINE CARE, SHE IS STILL VERY SICK, BUT IS NO LONGER IN DANGER OF DYING.

MORE AFTER I GET A CHANCE TO TALK TO HER DIRECTLY LATER THIS EVENING.

THANK YOU ALL SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH FOR YOUR PRAYERS.
broxi - 14.06.2009, 23:25
Post subject:
glad to see she is recovering slightly...best wishes and may her recovery be speedy and hope she returns home soon
ojisplayin - 15.06.2009, 00:58
Post subject:
(((((Marlene))))) in all my prayers, of course. TY Donna for updates. HUGS
char1984 - 15.06.2009, 03:02
Post subject:
Very Happy Very Happy lIKE i HAVE SAID BEFORE mARLENE IS ONE OF THE TOUGHEST i KNOW AND SO SO GLAD TO HEAR SHE IS DOING BETTER...
crzynana2001 - 16.06.2009, 18:37
Post subject:
THERE IS NEWS...... SHE HAS LOST EVEN MORE WEIGHT AND AS OF TODAY SHE IS BACK IN ICU AND ON A FEEDING TUBE. SHE IS STILL BATTLING THE PNEUMONIA. SHE IS NOT YET ON A BREATHING TUBE AGAIN.

PLEASE PRAY FOR STRENGTH FOR HER AND THAT SHE GAINS BACK SOME WEIGHT RAPIDLY. SHE IS VERY WEAK RIGHT NOW, THE COMBINATION OF LACK OF FOOD AND THE INFECTION HAS HER WIPED OUT.

PLEASE, WHATEVER FAITH YOU ARE........PRAY, LIGHT A CANDLE, WHATEVER YOU DO .........PLEASE DO IT FOR THIS WOMAN.

HER FAMILY AND I THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF OUR HEARTS.
slotmom - 16.06.2009, 21:38
Post subject:
many prayers coming her way Donna . Marlene is a wonderful person . God bless her and hope she gets well soon .
PokerGuru - 17.06.2009, 12:39
Post subject:
Many prayers and also many powerful practices by my personal friends and their cultures are have been started again, Nana. Maybe we all stopped too soon.

Let's not make that mistake again. A very dear woman's life may depend on it!

Your Guru

crzynana2001 - 17.06.2009, 17:49
Post subject:
bad news.......... there was a problem with the feeding tube and it had to be removed. As a consequence, she had to be but on a respirator. I don't know yet what they are going to do about feeding her.

Please........ continue praying..... this doesn't look very good and we could really use a miracle.

I passed the good thoughts and prayers along to her daughter and she thanks everyone.
char1984 - 17.06.2009, 18:07
Post subject:
And miracles do happen. my prayers are still with her and her family and thanks for the update Donna...
notLOL - 18.06.2009, 10:32
Post subject:
One thingk is for sure......Mamaw has been in my prayers for several years now and willl always be!! More power to you Mamaw!!! popsicles, popsicles, grape, orange, lime, maybe even bananna!!! come on Mamaw....we need you!!! tell her notLOL (joy) appreciates the advice she gave me many moons ago......and am finally going to follow thru....
her true concern for the silly lil things i said which brought to her attention...i need to go to the doctor.....im scared but im going....I think of Marlene daily sometimes more....always in my good thoughts....which every good thought of which there is no personal gain other than good feeling of a none greedy kind is considered a prayer in my book i have not written, just follow on a normal to me...... with the sincere care and admiration of Marlene and her great strength, Crushers one and all, please take the time to recognize another humans exsistance...."have a good day", "good day", Have a good afternoon, good afternoon, or the most powerful one in which means so much...."in the event of being helped with something of anything, in which another human being has taken time, to assist you....please make sure to thank them for their time...sounds silly ...or completly...wow out their....alll the while right here and now we need some universal power of the "prayer" , Marlene,
you are on our minds, thank you for being the strong person you are, we appreciate you....im going to start going to bingo again waiting for your recovery....hugs smiles.....joy.... Love It
kaykyl - 18.06.2009, 22:29
Post subject:
so sorry to hear this, will be praying for mamaw
crzynana2001 - 20.06.2009, 02:27
Post subject:
THE FAMILY AND I WOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR PRAYERS..................................MARLENE PASSED AWAY TODAY, JUNE 19TH

PRAYERS FOR THE FAMILY WOULD STILL BE APPRECIATED.

THANK YOU, NANA
char1984 - 20.06.2009, 08:21
Post subject:
Crying or Very Sad oh I am so very sad although Marlene seem to be so happy with what life dealt her even being so sick she seemed to still be happy so I hope she had a happy life but now hope she is well and no more pain.my prayers to her family and to you also Donna.
crzynana2001 - 20.06.2009, 08:42
Post subject:
Ty Char, It is a blessing to know she passed peacefully. She had a great life and is now with my boy, Bob. As her daughter said to me, "mom passed away and then the the storm broke with thunder and lightning, She is up there raising hell already" This I can believe, and she is taking care of all the CCers who preceded her, it is just her nature.
Bower50 - 20.06.2009, 20:32
Post subject:
Marlene,you were a dear friend to all of us and will be sadly missed.We didn't know you for long but you affected everyone in a positive way.
Helen Keller said, "What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Take comfort in your memories, for they will indeed be a part of you forever.
Good Bye Marlene til we play again at that big poker table inside the pearly gates.
valeria - 21.06.2009, 03:22
Post subject:
I was holding onto the last string of hope but I guess God wanted her more.
She will be sincerly missed, but I like to think she is in a better place with no pain and no worries.