----------------------------------- ojisplayin 15.05.2011, 15:28 Skills For Poker & Life 5/12 Topic: Keep it to yourself ----------------------------------- Tip #5 of 12... Stay tuned for more :) 5. Never seek sympathy. NEVER complain about bad luck. First of all, nobody really cares. Their own exaggerated memories of personal bad luck dwarf whatever you're complaining about. And if you complain to opponents--such as in a poker game--they're inspired because you're unlucky. They'll think you're not a force to be reckoned with, they'll play better, and they'll cost you money. It's the same in life. There's absolutely no reason to tell tales of misfortune. You'll inspire life's opponents, and you'll lose esteem among life's allies. If you want to be a winner, better to let others wonder if your luck is bad. And if it is, just keep it to yourself. ----------------------------------- anneandalan 07.12.2013, 20:23 ----------------------------------- that is good advice. ----------------------------------- CATLICKER 09.12.2013, 09:55 ----------------------------------- Makes sense and if I wasn't so unlucky I'd put it to a test !!! :flex: ----------------------------------- win4maw 09.12.2013, 14:42 ----------------------------------- Maybe I should try it LOL ----------------------------------- gjr1961 10.12.2013, 03:19 ----------------------------------- Excellent advice ----------------------------------- crzynana2001 11.12.2013, 14:19 ----------------------------------- good, sound advice!!!