----------------------------------- PokerGuru 09.05.2009, 08:31 5-9 DAILY POKER WISDOM ----------------------------------- Good morning, my Reasons for rising early! A good Texas Hold'em poker strategy is to remember the bluff is not as key an element of the game as you may think. Clever deception has its pleasures, but it shouldn't be done indiscriminately. Here is my personal favorite way to use the bluff and it has stood the test of time and the test of working against any type of player. Poker Crushers, this is one of those few strategies of mine that I ask you not to share with the whole wide world. Let's try to keep it among ourselves. I pick a time - any time - during a game AS LONG AS THE POT IS NOT VERY BIG and I use the strategy of the "discovered bluff" (one that doesn't work). I let my bluff fail on purpose and lose the pot on purpose. Step 2: Just a few hands later, again when the pot is not very big, I repeat the process. Step 3 (The Kill): A few hands later, this time when the pot is large, I make an unusually large bet again. Players think I am bluffing again and stay in, tossing those large sums into the pot. But this time, I actually do have a very good hand! What a great win! Of course, you do not use this tactic at the same table again the same night. You might even want to make a note in your little notebook of the players you have wiped out with this strategy. Your Guru