----------------------------------- ALW111 12.11.2007, 14:08 Insticts ----------------------------------- I’m no expert at this wonderful game, but, like most of you, I think I‘ve gained enough experience, and reached a level of skill, to feel comfortable in sharing my opinion with you all. Instincts have played a major role in making humans the dominant race on Earth. Especially, our instincts that warn us of danger. For this reason I believe they should be something we can fully trust and rely on in all life’s experiences. Including at the Poker table. How many times have you said. “What the hell did I do that for.” “I had a feeling I was beaten.” “I new he had A-A” “I knew I should have folded, called or raised.” “I knew he was bluffing.” And so on, and so on, and so on. It’s taken 50 million years to develop these instincts. Would you cross the road if your instincts told you there was car about come speeding around the corner ? Trust them. They’ve made you what you are today. I believe they can make you a better poker player. Alan ----------------------------------- PokerGuru 14.11.2007, 13:10 ----------------------------------- My dear friend, Don't ever forget where the danger lies hidden in instincts.......it can also get you into mighty big trouble because it is soooooo easily mistaken for "emotion", which we all know is a self-defeating killer in poker! Many, many losers have to wear that label because they wanted something so bad that they mistook emotion for instinct! An easy....too easy....mistake to make in the heat of the game! Still respecting your opinion....just pointing out the hidden trap in it. Your Guru ----------------------------------- ALW111 14.11.2007, 21:44 ----------------------------------- EXCELLENT POINT, My Poker Guru. Thank you for mentioning this, as I wouldn't want to mislead anybody here, or anywhere.