----------------------------------- ALW 17.03.2007, 19:48 Begining of a Freeroll ----------------------------------- This is not so much a tip, as it is an observation. While playing in a $1,000 freeroll tourney at bet365 I noticed that out of the 12,000 entrie's who started the tournament, More than half had been eliminated in the first 20 minute's. At the 30 minute mark there were over 7,000 player's eliminated After 1 hour there were just over 10 % of the 12,000 entrie's left. My point is, if you can be disciplined and avoid these all-in maniac's, Though sometime's this can be unavoidable, Then you'll have a considerably better chance of finishing in the money. Be Patient early on, playing only the top 4-5 premium hand's, Depending on position of course, Please remember that this is only an observation, not a guideline Alan ----------------------------------- Bower50 17.03.2007, 20:18 ----------------------------------- It's nice when you can take advantage of these maniacs and you get the big stack early then play your game. ----------------------------------- PokerGuru 18.03.2007, 01:29 ----------------------------------- That's exactly the right strategy, my friend! Proud of you, guy! Your PokerGuru ----------------------------------- ALW 18.03.2007, 01:43 ----------------------------------- My Poker Guru, You have just made my day, a good day, Thank You, Your friend & loyal member Alan ----------------------------------- PokerGuru 18.03.2007, 02:17 ----------------------------------- Dear ALW, I am the one who is fantastically delighted to find such good examples of such excellent THINKING among my scholars! And can you believe there are still some people, the majority, in fact, who think that poker is all a matter of luck!!!!!! Your proud PokerGuru ----------------------------------- ALW 18.03.2007, 03:14 ----------------------------------- Guilty. A year ago I was one of those people. It's taken a while to realise that fortune only favour's the logical and skillfull. In one of your lesson's you say. "Bet only on what you have, not on what you could have." These few word's have given my ability a massive boost. But in the past, I've spent up to $50 on book's that take 7-8 page's to explain the same thing you explained in just one sentence. You are a fine Poker Guru, who is much appreciated, Your Friend & loyal schollar, Alan ----------------------------------- PokerGuru 19.03.2007, 15:59 ----------------------------------- ALW! That is one of the best compliments I have EVER received! THANK YOU! All I can say is I try very hard to make what I am saying understandable to all. Your Guru ----------------------------------- ALW 19.03.2007, 17:38 ----------------------------------- My poker Guru, You achieve it well.