Poker Crush Forums

The Archive - March Poker Thinking Contest

Bower50 - 05.03.2017, 16:19
Post subject: March Poker Thinking Contest
March Poker Thinking Contest

Presented by BowerCrush

One Time When Not To Bluff

If you're playing against very loose and weak players (calling stations) you should almost never bluff. Just play your cards and play the mathematics and play your position. If you suffer from "fancy play syndrome" (meaning that you like to "outmaneuver your opposition"), against a table of poor players you will lose the money you would have made by making the standard play, and you won't make up for it in deception because loose weak players are paying attention to what you do anyway. To be blunt, they aren't aware enough to be tricked. Just play fundamentally correct poker and you will beat poor players. There's no need to get fancy. Just get your money in when you've got the best of it (static advantage) and protect it when you don't.

Everyone posting will be in a random draw for 2 x $3 in prizes.

STANDARD CONTEST TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY

shirlsplay - 05.03.2017, 17:42
Post subject:
I HARDLY EVER BLUFF... THANKS ... GOOD READ. Smile
win4maw - 05.03.2017, 23:59
Post subject:
I don't think I bluff at all either
kaska321 - 07.03.2017, 02:28
Post subject:
I like to bluff, its fun and you never know , sometimes it may work :-)
dbonkers - 13.03.2017, 21:01
Post subject:
I agree with that statement, but I am always so optimistic I am constantly bluffing.
crushadmin - 12.04.2017, 16:33
Post subject:
Dear Poker Crushers,

I have drawn the following winners for this contest:-

As our dear Archie has now left us and is resting in peace this will be the last of these contests for the time being. I will rattle my brains (what is left) for new contest ideas for Poker Crush going forward.

Congratulations go to :-

kaska321 - $3 for 300 PC points
win4maw - $3 for 300 PC points

All the best!

Geno/PC

dbonkers - 28.04.2017, 04:50
Post subject:
Aloha Geno,

How about a photo caption contest where you post a photo on the site and we create a creative or funny caption for it. Then you pick your favorite caption as the winner or put them all up randomly on the site and everyone votes for their favorite caption.

Fun Fun