Poker Crush Forums

Poker Guru Lessons (archive) - 6 - 8 POKER DAILY WISDOM

PokerGuru - 08.06.2009, 02:26
Post subject: 6 - 8 POKER DAILY WISDOM
The Worst Hand Played

Hello to my poker go-getters!

I'm switching topics today to give some of the prople who have very little online time a little longer before the next Ring Table lesson.

Wanna know which hand people lose more money on than any other hand played? You may be surprised, but it is 3,2 suited. Don't EVER play it!

It is not the worst hand, but it is the worst hand PLAYED. What makes it so bad is that the possibility to make a straight or, even better a flush, dazzles players into playing it too often.

The danger is that you just might make your straight or flush! Confused? Let me explain. If you DO make it, you are apt to bet big. And 3,2 can only make the LOWEST straight or flush. Your opponents who are willing to call your bets will have a flush or straight just like you -- but higher. So the hand usually loses just when there is a lot at stake. 3,2 suited is the kind of hand that wins tiny pots but loses big ones.

Furthermore, even if you make 3-of-a-kind, it is the lowest possible! Even if you start out ahead by flopping the only pair, virtually ALL subsequent cards are threatening!

By now, I am sure you have the point real well. If you are dealt 3,2 suited, fold it as if were hot potatoes! No matter how much of a rebel you are, you don't want to be burned THAT bad!

Your Guru

cocakolakid - 08.06.2009, 09:48
Post subject:
Lesson taken -2 3 suited automatic fold

But....

what if your on the blind with a free check to see the flop - you don't fold right? you do check and see the fold? yes? no?

I'll flop 2 2 2 or 2 2 3 or 2 3 3 or 3 3 3 or set with turn and river or even better a straight flush.

Therefore is it ok then for all situations other than what was stated just above...fold pocket 2/3 suited? Thumbup (or I should still fold pre-flop even if i'm on the blind?)