Poker Crush Forums

Poker Guru Lessons (archive) - ANOTHER EXTRA GURU LESSON!

PokerGuru - 28.05.2009, 11:08
Post subject: ANOTHER EXTRA GURU LESSON!
Hello, friends, my PCers!

You know how I love to play around with mathematics.

I have learned that if one picture is worth a million words, then one mathematic equation is worth a thousand pictures!

Well, I was fooling around with some numbers last night, and here is what the math says, no matter how you work the problem! :

I got started by trying to figure out if my Daily Poker Wisdoms are wortwhile.

This is the conclusion to the question: (one of many ways to express it): If you started learning just one new fact per day in your poker education, starting at age 30 (I had to pick some age number), then by the time you are age 90 .......... you will have learned 21,900 facts about the game -- IF you didn't learn anything else at all about it!!!

I think I will continue the lessons in some fashion!

Your Guru

P.S. Somebody check my math. It is 7:05 A.M. here, and I haven't been to bed yet, so you know how fine-tuned my brain is! LOL!

cocakolakid - 28.05.2009, 11:32
Post subject:
min. avg of 21900 of facts would be gained over a 60 year period.*

*avg would be calculated by factoring in the new facts gained, facts already known prior, and **multiple facts gained from one lesson.

**not included in above amount (as one new lesson/day was predefined)

looks good to me.. Book
PokerGuru - 28.05.2009, 19:44
Post subject:
Thank you, Kid, for responding! Especially in such a positive way -- and I know you checked out my math well, as I asked.

But your response would also be welcomed, even if it was not so positive! I just like to know that somebody is reading my lessons.

And I think I mentioned once before, it looks really bad for me when Geno, the BIG boss, sees that nobody is responding to my posts. He gets the statistics reports every day, as do I.

I don't want to have to ask for responses, so I probably won't mention it again, but you, I'm sure, Kid, know exactly what I mean!

So thanks!

Your Guru

broxi - 29.05.2009, 00:07
Post subject:
well as i always read your lessons ill respond.....and simple maths says with the amount of views your lessons get more people should reply
afulk8 - 29.05.2009, 05:56
Post subject:
That's alot of poker facts, Guru! I read your posts, I will try to do better about responding. Sometimes it's so late when I read them that I don't really have anything worthwile (ok, I should say intelligent, as my brain's mush!) to say Smile But keep giving us lessons, we all appreciate them tons!!
PokerGuru - 29.05.2009, 07:25
Post subject:
I thank you all so much!

And Kid -- thank you for pointing out that usually more than just one fact is learned from a lesson. I did not even count that! LOL!

Love to you all!

Your Guru