Poker Crush Forums

Poker Guru Lessons (archive) - April 4th Poker DAILY WISDOM

PokerGuru - 04.04.2009, 11:35
Post subject: April 4th Poker DAILY WISDOM
This is an important one, my golden protoges! :

The way you become a success in poker is the same way you "measure" your success in poker. One dollar at a time, one lesson at a time.

There are no overnight successes in this game. You have to begin somewhere, sometime with one lesson. Then you add on from there.

The second lesson will do you no good until you have mastered the first one. There is no hurrying your learning along.

There IS hurrying your progress along - by letting each new goal you set be to beat your personal best, every time you play.

Your Guru

crzynana2001 - 04.04.2009, 13:15
Post subject:
All right!!!! I knew I had to be doing something right!!! My goal tonight is to last longer than 45 minutes!!! My personal best at 3rd bullet is 40 minutes!
broxi - 04.04.2009, 13:53
Post subject:
ty for some more great words of wisdom guru it is much appreciated...i know this isnt that relevant to the topic above but a great song the gambler by kenny rogers has those famous lines i always try to remember...youve got to know when to hold them and know when to fold them...know when to walk away and know when to run....i just wish i always followed those lines but as you say guru its all a long learning curve and noone comes good overnight
ojisplayin - 04.04.2009, 16:05
Post subject:
Very good thinking!! To me, I am setting MINE to not going too much, too soon, yes nana 45 mins is a great idea, I will say the same mf. Smile