Poker Crush Forums

Poker Guru Lessons (archive) - 3/30/09 DAILY WISDOM

PokerGuru - 30.03.2009, 18:58
Post subject: 3/30/09 DAILY WISDOM
Hi PCers:

Some online poker rooms have 4-color decks of cards that you can choose as an option, instead of the traditional 2-color ones. DO NOT USE THEM.

For those of you who always want to know why (which is a GOOD thing), it is because if you get used to them, it will ruin your poker game. Why again? Because they are used so rarely. Even hard to find.

Real poker players use only traditional decks of poker cards!

Your Guru

crzynana2001 - 30.03.2009, 19:13
Post subject:
I noticed the 4 color cards and played 1 hand with them, never again. they are tooooo distracting.
char1984 - 31.03.2009, 02:02
Post subject:
Very Happy Very Happy I also have tried to play with them and I did not like them at all Very Happy
valeria - 31.03.2009, 17:20
Post subject:
Me too... I was paying more attention to checking the colors than I was checking my cards! I will not use them in the future. In fact, after the first time I tried it I discarded the idea immediately.
broxi - 02.04.2009, 07:07
Post subject:
ty for posting that guru.... as someone that finds it hard enough to concentrate fully on a game of poker without getting distracted i could not agree more...its hard enough paying full attention without changing the colour of the cards you are used to
paulajardine - 02.04.2009, 20:37
Post subject:
I totally agree with this. If you are spending time worrying about having "fancier" cards, then you are wasting good time that could be focused more on your game. Watch the people around you, learn to read them and pay attention to your own cards...not the color of them Smile The clearer your mind is without any distrations, the better your game will be.
PokerGuru - 03.04.2009, 00:05
Post subject:
Good thinking and remembering, Paula! Thanks for the post!

Your Guru

ojisplayin - 04.04.2009, 15:59
Post subject:
OKAY, you know how I am crushers.....!!?? LOL So, here goes my complete honesty!!

I did not post here on purpose, b/c I AM ONE WHO HAS BEEN PLAYING 4-color-decks..Sad Sad

I saw your post Guru & I immediately changed to regular. And YES it is very hard. VERY!

After 4 days of being commited to learning (this!) from Guru, I am now, comfy again. TY

Your Dedicated AND OBVIOUS 1st year student, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ~Patti